College Application Essay Topics for Perfect Admission
When applying for college, applicants are usually assigned common college application essay topics that you can find everywhere. For example:
- How have your academic, career, or life experiences prepared you for this program?
- What strengths will you bring, and what knowledge and insights are you hoping to develop during this learning experience?
- Are there any concerns about your application that you would like to address?
It is important to write a paper on an interesting and unique essay topic for college application. We have collected college application essay topics that will enhance your chances to be accepted to a college. Before you get acquainted with examples, learn how to choose the right one and how to write a college application essay.
How to Choose the Right One among College Essay Topics
Of course, selecting the right topic is not an easy task. According to the chosen prompt, you can write about your personality, your experience, your hobbies or interests, an so on. The open-ended nature of an application essay may bring some difficulties for students. At Payforwriting, you can hire experienced writers who will “write my college essay” and deliver top-notch results on time. So, how should you overcome this difficult task?
Selecting the right topic may be tricky, but with the best college admission essays presented below, you can find inspiration. If you can write on any topic of your choice, feel free to use our list. College application essay topic examples provided by colleges are usually too broad, so we don’t recommend using them. If you need to write about your personal traits, check out the categories with topics on your defining qualities, experience, and challenges. If you want to write an easy, but an interesting essay, check out topics on hobbies and interests and sections with topics that didn’t suit any category.
What College Application Essay Topic Ideas Should Be Avoided
As you can see below, our good college application essay topics are not broad and rather concrete. One of the poor topics that you can write on may be a topic that forces you to write a summary of your accomplishments. Such a topic is unfocused and makes for a boring read. Don’t tell how accomplished you are, but tell who you are as a person through your experience.
College essay topics to avoid are about politics and religion. You never know who will read your essay – you may offend someone’s feelings and fail the admission. We have included in our list only one topic about sports because it is better to avoid such ideas as well – the stories about victories and your favorite sport have been heard by admission committees a thousand times. Don’t choose a topic that tells how lucky and privileged you are. Such topics will make an admission officer’s eyes roll.
Application Essay Topics on Hobbies and Interests
- Why are you interested in soccer?
- Do you do anything outside of school that will help your career goal?
- Describe something outside of your intended academic focus about which you are interested in learning.
- Indicate any hobbies/interests that relate to your proposed study at the third level.
- What are your expectations, goals, hobbies, and special interests?
- What are you passionate about?
Application Essay Topics on Your Defining Qualities
- What are your short and long-term career goals? How will the MBA help you achieve them?
- Describe yourself personally and professionally. Do not repeat what is in your resume. Write who you are as a person and what shapes your perspective on life.
- What makes you an ideal candidate for this summer internship abroad program? List any classes, experiences, and research that you feel has prepared you for this program, and makes you a better candidate than your peers.
- What specific research and/or creative interests inspired you to continue your education, and how do you wish to pursue these interests? What are your goals after you complete your undergraduate degree?
- Identify two team building strategies for you to adopt to ensure your success as a team member in the future.
- Tell about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?
- Write an essay about your desire to become a nurse practitioner. Include information about yourself and your professional goals as a nurse practitioner.
- What are your primary strengths? What aspects of yourself would you like to strengthen and improve?
- How will you differentiate yourself from your classmates?
- Explain at least three behaviors or attributes that have contributed to your success as a student.
Application Essay Topics on Your Challenges
- Write about how you had to move states in the middle of your junior year. How difficult was it? Did you overcome many things to get to where you are today?
- What do you expect from a summer internship abroad? What challenges do you expect to encounter? How will you cope with these challenges?
- Select from your personal experience an incident that you did not totally understand, or one that was problematic, or significant to you.
- What challenges will you be facing while studying in the institution and how will you overcome them?
- What challenges, if any, did you face in your decision to study or intern abroad?
- Tell about a time you were exposed to a new idea or when your beliefs were challenged by another point of view.
- Describe a situation in which you needed to collaborate or closely communicate with someone whose life perspective or cultural background was very different from your own.
Application Essay Topics on Your Experience
- How do you actively participate in open classroom discussions or work groups?
- In considering your personal, educational, and employment background, in what ways do you hope or expect to contribute to the academic and professional community at USC Rossier?
- Write your expectations and goals for this vet clinic internship. Please include experience with animals and what you would like to learn at this internship.
- Why do you wish to become a professional social worker?
- Describe your past academic experiences and your reasons for wishing to enroll to Maryland at this point in your academic career.
- Explain your motivation to transfer from your current/previous institution to Illinois and how your academic interests and/or professional goals will be fulfilled in your intended program of study.
- Summarize your current level of responsibility and decision-making ability in your company. What role do you play in your organization’s strategy?
- Describe the career that you would like to pursue after earning a graduate degree. Address issues such as whether you are entering the business world for the first time, changing fields, or advancing in a field or organization where you expect to remain. Why have you chosen this particular career?
- Communication studies is a creative major. Tell us briefly about a project, short movie, writing sample, or other creative work you have completed of which you are especially proud.
Other Application Essay Topics
- Thinking about the disciplines of finance, economics, and accounting, please describe if they are different or complementary. Why?
- Explain the concept of “fast mapping” of an infant in your own words.
- What do you hope to accomplish with a degree in informatics?
- Contemporary higher education reflects a tension between preparing for a meaningful life and preparing for a career. What are you looking for in your undergraduate education? Which emphasis is more important to you at this time and why?
- Describe someone you admire and explain why you admire this person. How have you incorporated what you have learned from this individual in your life?
- Why do you value the study and practice of transformative leadership?
- Choose and describe a current social problem. How can social workers address this problem? What are the ethical considerations that must be kept in mind in addressing this issue?
- Explain a critical problem and a possible solution in education related to teaching, learning, or culture.
- Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution, or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?
- Tell us what characteristics of Loma Linda University are particularly attractive and meaningful to you and why you have chosen to apply for advanced education.
- Tell us about an engineering idea you have, or about your interest in engineering.
Our college application essay questions are not so popular, but this is an advantage – they are unique and they will be interesting for admission committees. Nobody needs a summary of the events that happened in your life that don’t show how you have changed as a person, so be attentive while choosing a topic and writing your application essay.
Feel free to choose one of the good college application questions presented here and start writing your essay, or ask experts for “write my essay” help. If you don’t know how to start your paper, check out our blog and you will find lots of guides to help you out.
Good luck with your admission!