Best Article Review Examples
Article Review Example – The Benefits of Being Introverted at Work by Sonia Acosta
Understanding of the Self in the Article Why Leaders Lose Their Way By Bill George According to Bill George, many leaders do not reason properly before they get into leadership positions. Leadership comes from one’s inner self and cannot be faked, nor can one pretend to be a leader. Many people enter the leadership field for money, prestige and power. Once a person is in a leadership position, they forget the virtues and values of those they stand for and…
Why We Travel By Paul Theroux – Example of Article Review
Why We Travel By Paul Theroux: Prejudices and Traveling Paul Theroux in Why We Travel explains why humans travel to various places, ranging from developing countries to dangerous locations. Paul Theroux supplies readers with enriching encounters of visiting places with complex political histories and with deep and current discords. Theroux claims we travel to either find ourselves or lose ourselves, and through travel experiences, we open up our consciousnesses (Theroux, 1996). Theroux opined about the great pleasure of changing air,…
“The Benefits of Being Introverted at Work” by Sonia Acosta
In our contemporary world, which is run by the active, sociable and confident extroverts, it seems that there are not many evident benefits to being an introvert. What is more, it is believed that in the extroverted business world, introverts have to survive. Sonia Acosta, in her article “The Benefits of Being Introverted at Work” for CareerBuilder is ready to argue with this statement. In her piece of writing, Acosta does not investigate the nature of being an introvert and…
Why Do People Immigrate To Other Countries? – Article Review Sample
People move to other countries for a variety of reasons. The desire to leave their countries of origin is triggered by diverse needs and aspirations. An individual can choose to leave their country of origin to seek a better livelihood, to live with loved ones, or retain safety. Immigration to other countries is not a simple task. While some people immigrate into other countries using genuine means, others prefer to access such countries using illegal means. Illegal immigration poses many…
What Is an Article Review?
It’s a thorough evaluation of the text of an article. This means that the writer should analyze, compare, summarize, and classify the information presented in the text of the article.
If the article has a scientific nature, the author needs to evaluate the credibility of the research, check the results, and compare it to other related researches conducted on a similar topic. Article reviews are a common practice in many subjects and are an important part of larger research papers.
Why Do Professors Assign Reviews?
Article reviews play an important role in scholarship. If you will look through several scholarly journals and faculty publications, you will see that many publications are reviews. When students write reviews, they have a great possibility to analyze ideas and researches of other authors. By utilizing this type of writing, scholars enter into conversation with each other.
Reading and evaluating articles can be overwhelming. While you don’t need too much time to read an article, you still can find it difficult to review it. Tutors are usually expecting to see not only that the student has understood the topic, but that he or she also is able to evaluate the article in accordance with personal experience and knowledge. Along with improving your skills in writing reviews, you will improve your critical reading, analytical, and evaluative skills.
Students are assigned to write a review on the following types of articles:
- Journal article reviews. In a journal article review, the student needs to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the article.
- Research article reviews. For a research article, the student will likely evaluate the research methods, received data, and analyze the content.
- Science article reviews. This type of review should involve everything that relates to science, like analyzing the background information, checking the database of previous research, etc.
Reading an article is not enough to create a good review. To meet the high standards of academic writing, you need to read more information and instruction on how to write a review on the article. Usually, an article review contains a summary of the content, an evaluation of the text, and a presentation of the reviewer’s personal understanding of the article.
As a rule, the assignment asks the student to review an article that is hard to read and understand. Typically, tutors give detailed instructions where they state the list of requirements that should be considered while writing. But along with these requirements you need to know other details to be able to create a good review.
How to Write an Article Review
An article review is not your personal opinion about the author’s point of view. The main goal is to find out whether the article is valuable and valid. Answer the following questions before starting to read and write:
- What kind of article should you review? How many articles should you read?
- What is the required word count?
- What review article format should you follow when you need to make a citation?
- What issues do you need to address in your text?
- Does an example of article review assignment require you to present background information?
Does an article review example require you to present background information?
Read the text.
The first stage of writing a review is to read the article and explore standard types of review. You will need to apply all critical thinking skills to overcome this task. Critical reading is not about having a bad attitude toward the author’s thoughts or criticizing his or her ideas. Too often, the student can’t see the text as a whole and frequently skips reading acknowledgments and reference lists of the article. By doing this they miss all sorts of information that can be useful for their review.
Critical reading is about asking the right questions and finding answers in the context of the article. Usually these questions are related to the purpose of the article, the author’s position, and arguments and themes. Also, the reader should think about relevance of the text to his or her own scholarship and course. You can create your own list of questions according to your assignment.
It is extremely important to make notes as you read and make a short break after you finish reading. Writing down everything you think and feel when you read is an efficient method of mentioning every detail about the text. To make your note even more effective, you can practice on a double-entry notebook. You need to separate a page into two columns: in one column you will write your observations and note responses in another column. Competent notes will allow you to answer the question of what is an article review.
Conduct extra research.
Think about the author and other works related to the article. Carefully examine the text and conduct extra research to find out more information about previous works from the author. Use Google, your college library database, or consult a librarian.
Write an outline.
Creating an outline for a review is about organizing your notes and structuring it in accordance with the central idea. You may have a temptation to follow the original order of notes, but this won’t work. A good article review is about expressing your ideas coherently and logically. But you should remember that every guideline you read can tell you different information, as there is no ideal formula that will tell you how to write a great review. And you will find, as you read more and more critical review of an article examples, that most of them don’t follow the structure described below.
- Introduction. Imagine that you are staying in front of the audience. How will you introduce your review? What will you tell about the author and the main points? In this part you need to grab the reader’s attention with a hook, give basic information about the author of the article, present a clear idea and significance of this work, and pinpoint your evaluation of work in a couple of sentences. Also, it will be beneficial to give the reader some background information about the current state of the issue related to the topic.
- Summary. Briefly describe the content and focus on the main points that present the significance of the work. It is advisable to pick the ideas and arguments that you will subsequently evaluate in the next paragraph.
- Analysis. In this section you will need to explain and evaluate the significance of the points that you have described in the previous section. Check whether the author has succeeded in presenting ideas and whether they are relevant or not. Think about your agreement with the accuracy and validity of certain statements and data. What are the reasons why you agree or disagree with the author? Insert direct quotes, paraphrasing, or a summary in the appropriate format style to make your text more convincing.
- Recommendations. Present the overall assessment of the article. Tell whether the author offers new ideas and interpretations, or just restates standard information. Conclude your paper with explaining the significance of your assessment and how the author’s approach may influence the target audience.
We know that writing is hard and takes tons of time. Even professional writers suffer from writer’s block and a lack of time. All advice that we present here is only recommendation, so don’t be afraid of writing your article review in your own way. Probably, you will need to read several article review samples to have a better idea how finished reviews look and to get some ideas to write your own review.
How Can You Learn From Our Article Review Examples?
To learn from example, you need to learn how to read it. One of the problems that people face when reading is seeing a text as a big picture and omitting small details. The text consists of small parts in a certain sequence that makes sense. In university, students should master active reading to increase the learning process. When reading a journal article review example, you should be always ready to analyze and interpret information from the text. Don’t treat the text as absolute truth. Keeping this in mind, you will be engaged in the process called critical reading. Try to analyze the journal article review as deeply as possible to notice patterns.
When you are reading a research article review example, your principal goal will be gathering information in order to have a clear understanding of how a finished paper should look. Information, transition words, structure, reference – all these can be applied, in varying degrees, in your text. That doesn’t mean that you will spend more time reading the text. For the first time, when you will be applying this approach, reading the research article review example will take more time. For the first time, when you will be applying this approach, reading will take more time. But subsequently, you will be reading not only quickly, but more effectively. Here is a list of activities that you can follow while reading our sample papers:
- Look at language strategy. Did you know that carefully selected words can add more specific meaning to your text? When you are a beginner, it’s hard to choose appropriate words for your text. In article review example APA you can see how the author picks words and terms, and then try to apply them to your text.
- See how the author has integrated the summary and evaluation through the use of evaluative terms and phrases. When writing a review it’s easy to get into the trap and write a summary instead of a review. With the help of samples you can see how you can write a summary and link it to your evaluation.
- Use the ideas the author has presented in the text and check the reference list for more information. If you don’t know what article to choose for a review, samples can give a good idea.
The best way to learn how to write an article review is to look at an article review APA format example that matches the desired topic. A good template for article review can help you find a new opinion or perspective, or just pitch an idea when you are suffering from writer’s block. It is always better to see the example than to read numerous guidelines about how to write it.
Learn Better With the Best Article Review Sample Essays
Fill yourself with information from real examples. Choose a reliable source to look through a couple of samples written by professional writers. Here at payforwriting you can read samples that were completed by experts in the academic field. Look through our pages and you will see that we have samples written for many types of papers: persuasive essays, academic letters, research papers, business writing, article reviews, etc. In this resource we strive to present valuable information about writing that every student may need in everyday life.
If your tutor hasn’t given you a resource where you can look at good examples, you can read some from reliable sources like PayforWriting. But be careful while searching the web, as many sites publish samples written by inexperienced writers, and those texts won’t be a good choice.
Read each review article template carefully and observe the ways in which each review is constructed. While they are all a little different, they are good models of article reviews and of the choices you have when writing one. All of our samples were created in accordance with specific requirements. While they contain many attributes of a well-written journal article review sample, they may differ from your tutor’s requirements. Always keep in mind that university requirements have more power than samples from the internet.
You will have an “aha!” experience from reading our samples. Discover new approaches in writing from scientific article review examples on our site. All samples that you can find on our site provide a proper guide on how to present the content of an article review in the best form. With the help of our samples combined with how-to-guides, you will be able to write more effective and evaluative article reviews.
You can also check one more review for getting information on why do people immigrate to other countries. On our website, you will find free samples for all types of reviews, from the science article review to the article review outline.