Samples of Start up Business Plans
Start-up Business Plan – Asian Restaurant
Company description The name of the company that we intend on launching is Ambrocio Restaurant. This is a restaurant that is expected to be one of the busiest in Asia. This is because we have chosen an ideal site for it, at a shopping mall, in Hong Kong. The mission of the company is to be a pioneer and example of conscious capitalism, while achieving financial excellence. This mission also points to the goals that the company has for itself….
A Start-up Business Plan Sample for a Coffee Shop
I. Executive Summary Guatemala Paradise is a start-up business, scheduled to provide products and services as a sole trade business. The main idea of business is to create a coffee bar with selling coffee and concomitant products. Guatemala Paradise is determined to become a comfortable place with a friendly environment. Due to the cozy atmosphere, the clients will feel free to relax after a working day and enjoy the coffee. II. Background Information A. Mission Provide clients the finest quality…
Start Up Business Proposal Template to Reach Your Business Goals
The importance of planning while starting a business is difficult to overestimate. And although it is impossible to take into account everything in the business plan, it can prepare the top brass with making emergency decisions, and as a road map, protect them from the wrong path that leads to the bankruptcy of their enterprises. To write a high-quality paper, you need a sample, start up business plan will be written in the right way with it.
Things to Take Into Account While Writing a Start Up Business Plan
Despite the fact that for years researchers have been talking about the relationship between good planning and the successful operation of a business, most managers continue to work haphazardly. However, this is what drives many companies to bankruptcy.
Today, the business plan should not only be the reference book of each leader, but also the basis for making strategic decisions. It contains a number of indicators that give an idea of the commercial, budgetary, and economic efficiency of the project in question and, in the first place, are of interest to its investor participants. It provides a comprehensive description of the business and the environment in which it operates, as well as the management systems in which it needs to achieve its goals. You can see it if you check out a start up business proposal template presented on our site.
Types of Business Plans
- The business plan of the enterprise describes the prospects for its development for the forthcoming planning period, indicating the main budget and economic indicators.
- The business plan of a structural unit or financial responsibility center is a plan for the development of its economic activities. The purpose of such a business plan is to justify the amount of resources allocated to the department in a centralized way, and in calculating the amount of profit growth left at its disposal.
- The business plan as an application for a loan is designed to obtain on a commercial basis borrowed bank funds.
- A business plan as an application for a grant is necessary to receive funds from the state budget or charitable foundations for solving acute social and economic problems. It is the justification of direct and indirect benefits for the society from allocating resources to the claimed project.
- The business plan of the investment project is a rationale for the market development strategy and the expected financial results from investments. It serves as a basis for negotiations with a potential investor.
- The business plan for the development of the region contains a rationale for the prospects for the social and economic development of the region and the amount of funding for relevant programs for agencies with budgetary powers.
The Structure of a Start Up Business Plan
A universal structure of the business plan does not exist because of the difference in business objectives and the infinite variety of options for the environment in which the enterprise operates. However, for all the variety of tasks, there is something in common that characterizes the individual elements of the business plan. These are its sections. They occupy a significant part of the business plan and can differ basically only by their consistency.
Each specialist himself or herself decides how to start business planning and what the company’s activities indicate. Basically, the sections of the business plan look like this:
1) statement of purpose
2) table of contents
3) a brief description of the enterprise
4) industry analysis
5) description of the project
6) production process
7) marketing analysis and marketing strategy
8) financial and economic part
9) risk factors
In its final form, the business plan is a guiding document that ensures, with proper use, the efficiency of the management and operation of the enterprise.
A business plan is a document that should draw the attention of potential partners, investors, and bankers. It should look professional, as it is a kind of advertising tool representing both the enterprise or the entrepreneur himself or herself, and his or her business. Therefore, you should pay attention not only to the content, but also to the appearance of the business plan. It should be simple, functional, understandable, and easy to use.
When creating a business plan, you should use business graphics (diagrams, charts, tables) which allow you to better perceive the information provided. For example, tables allow the use of digital information in a compressed, ordered form, and attract attention to significant numbers and indicators. In addition, when writing a business plan, you need to use a simple and clear style of presentation.
Requirements for Writing a Start Up Business Plan
Depending on the goals that your business faces, the purpose of the business plan may vary. Therefore, before starting the development of a business plan, it is necessary to solve a number of important issues, which include:
- definition of the general objectives of the business plan;
- definition of what exactly executives want to get;
- definition of the approach to this process;
- formulation of key provisions on which the business plan will be built;
- definition of specific goals (quantifiable), which will then be justified in the business plan;
- analysis of past successes and failures.
Choosing a strategy to achieve the goal, you can start implementing the plan on paper. At this stage, all the necessary basic information has already been collected, on which the details and structure of the business plan are initially dependent. The collected information is processed and made out in a plan, which should be available in the presentation, accurate and detailed, creating a realistic picture of the feasibility of the goal set in it.
The initial stages of preparation of strategies are most important – they will determine all further work on the business project. Here, special attention should be paid to the reliability of the obtained data, because, using incorrect information, it is necessary to recalculate a huge number of indicators in many sections of the business plan.
Therefore, the main uncertainty arises from the possible errors and errors in the original data. Incorrect assessment of market capacity, allowable price range for products, cost, effectiveness of marketing activities, and other factors can lead to the formation of incorrect conclusions and an overestimation of the financial performance of the project. The consequences of such mistakes, as a rule, are very sad.
The collection of sourced information is, as you have already understood, one of the most critical stages of business planning. Usually it is associated with certain (sometimes huge enough) costs. Nevertheless, if the investor is seriously considering investing in the project, he or she should not save on collecting reliable source data – otherwise the project can cost him or her too much.
Remember: the development of a business plan is always an iterative process, implying constant changes on the basis of newly received information and application of various scenarios. At the same time, there is an internal logic of the structure of the business plan and generally recognized principles of its development.
The main purpose of the business plan is to help entrepreneurs to open a new business and get necessary production resources for the project and, first of all, money. Attraction of serious investors requires the most thorough justification of the indicators, especially financial ones, taking into account the existing degree of risk – not only in domestic production and economic activities, but also in external credit and financial and banking structures. In this regard, in order to obtain adequate indicators, the following questions should be specially elaborated:
- what kind of product or what new business to choose for entering the domestic and/or foreign market;
- what will be the market demand for the goods and services offered and how it will change;
- what resources and in what quantities will be required for the organization of business;
- how much will the necessary resources cost and where to find reliable suppliers;
what the costs are for the organization of production (the provision of services) and the sale of products (services) in the relevant markets;
- what can be the market price for this product and how it will be affected by competitors;
- what general income can be and how they should be distributed among all participants of the business project;
- what will be the performance indicators of production and how they can be improved.
Determining the deadline for the final version of the business plan is also an important procedure, since, considering the speed of changes in economic indicators, the collection of data on the project can continue indefinitely. Clearly outlined deadlines, after which the work on this business project is completed, should be paid special attention by project managers.
Each start up business proposal template presented on our site primarily relates to those who have never written such business papers. Our samples were written by writers who are knowledgeable in this sphere. It is necessary to look at our templates as well as our guide on how to write start up business plan, since almost certainly it will take less time to develop your own business paper!